March 18, 2009

Is this Virginia?

The first week of March was a surprise. We got six inches of snow, basically overnight. They were out of school for 3 1/2 days, even though the roads were drivable by the second day. When Steve went to the grocery store to get milk, he got the last gallon of milk. Everyone had panicked! But Mariah loved it! It was pretty exciting, I didn't think she would get a chance to play in the snow out here.
We weren't very well equipped to play in the snow. I was wearing regular shoes and Mariah didn't have any snow pants. But we still had fun.

We made a sled by putting a swim tube inside a big black trash bag. It turned out to be a great sled!

Our first Virginia snowman!
Maraih's very first snow angel!

Lylah even got bundled up to play in the snow!
We got a little cold in the snow.
Lylah loved playing in the snow!

Mariah loved our first Virginia Snowwoman, her name was Frostina.Doesn't she make a nice addition to our family?

4 comments:

Heidi Michelle said...

oh my mercy! Your kids are so incredibly cute! And I guess you and Schteve are cute too! But in a totally different way! Love ya cuz!

Jessie said...

Yeah, I am so glad you updated your blog! I can't believe how old Mariah is getting. When you left she was still a little baby. I really like your valetine's tradition and other family pictures.

Skylar and Lauren said...

cute.cute.cute...Belle loved watching mariah out there! I think she was jealous...but she just would've wanted to crawl through the snow-can't have any of that!

julie Tandberg said...

So fun. I see pictures for our winter months on the family calendar. Love Mom T